The new SediGraph® III 5120 determines particle size by using the highly accurate and reproducible sedimentation technique which measures the gravity-induced settling rates of different size particles in a liquid with known properties.
This is simple yet extremely effective technique for providing particle size information for a wide variety of materials.
- SediGraph III 5120 Applications
- Particle Size Brochure
- Measures particles ranging from 300 to 0.10 µm equivalent spherical diameter
- Utilizes a modern pumping system that is silent, reliable, and easy to maintain.
- A maintenance reminder, based on the number of analyses performed, alerts you when it is time for routine maintenance
- Computer –controlled mixing chamber temperature improves repeatability and reproducibility
- A highly versatile and interactive reporting system provides a wide range of custom data presentation options including dynamic reformatting of plots and cut-and-paste graphics and tables.
- Particle settling velocity is reported as graphical and tabular data.
- Grain size can be reported in Phi units
- Provides SPC reporting and regression analyses.
- Runs up to 18 samples unattended using the MasterTech 052 Autosampler , which sits securely on top of the SediGraph to conserve bench space.
- Completes most analyses in 15 minutes or less